Twitter

Follow me on Twitter: @janemcintyre12

JanePic

Hello.

I'm Jane McIntyre, a voiceover and writer, formerly an award-winning BBC radio newsreader and producer. My blog covers life, love and loss; travel, coffee and chocolate; with some heartfelt pieces in the mix about my late dad, who had dementia. Just a click away, I'm half of the team behind www.thetimeofourlives.net - two empty nesters who whizzed round the world in 57 days.

Friday 13 April 2012

Tales of the unexpected (and a PS to this)

Sometimes, it`s good to have a routine, isn`t it? A few months ago mine involved getting up at 3.30 every morning to produce a radio show--hard in winter, but a pattern all the same.

When you work in news, you never really know what lies ahead, but you know roughly when you`ll be reporting it! Now I`ve left the Beeb,for the first time in years,there`s no real structure to my day, which is weird, but I`m loving it. I`m going to freewheel for a bit, and see what happens.

But even if you`re pretty sure you know what`s going to happen most days at home or work, there`s occasionally one call, one conversation, one chance meeting...once incident, maybe...that can make your schedule, your day;and sometimes your life... turn a rightangle.

Even though I haven`t got a strict routine at the moment, something happened to me this week that could throw things out of kilter.

Doesn`t mean it`s good. Or bad. And I`ll ignore today`s date completely. But it`s got me thinking. Anyway...whatever today holds for you...hope it`s happy.

PS: Oh ...and that thing that threatened to throw everything out of kilter? A scary lump on my neck. Which, after what happened last year..wasn`t welcome. Several examinations and blood tests later...it`s apparently `nothing to worry about`. Phew. Life goes on ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment